The Top Three WordPress SEO Plugins
Often beginners get confused when trying to pick the best WordPress plugins amongst so many that are available. We frequently get questions like what is the best WordPress SEO Plugins, Social Media, Performance, etc. We know that everyone hates Top 10 WordPress plugins list, so we have taken a different approach. We do the research, so you don’t have to.
One of the first WordPress SEO plugins that we recommend is Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO helps improve your site’s SEO by helping you write better content. You create a keyword when you’re writing your content and Yoast makes sure that you use that keyword all over the rest of your blog post. If you really want to focus on the content of your site to help boost your rankings, Yoast SEO will be your best option. This WordPress SEO plugin has both a free and premium option. The premium option does come with email support so if you think you might need extra help down the road, the premium version could be a good investment. Some of the other features of Yoast SEO include:
- Page analysis – to make sure that you haven’t missed anything before publishing your posts (alt tags on images, meta descriptions, subheadings, etc)
- XML sitemaps- automatically creates an XML sitemap and tells the search engines that it exists
- Multisite compatible- you can copy settings from one blog to another or set default settings
All in One SEO Pack
Another option for WordPress SEO plugins is the All in One SEO Pack. With over 30 million downloads, it is the most downloaded WordPress plugin. Like Yoast SEO, the All in One SEO Pack does have both a free and premium version. If you like automation, this is the WordPress SEO plugin for you. The All in One SEO Pack automatically optimizes your post’s titles for the search engines and creates meta tags automatically, as well. This plugin is a great option for beginners as it does not involve much set up and works right out of the box after you install it. The All in One SEO Pack also includes:
- eCommerce integration- SEO integration for eCommerce sites including WooCommerce
- Override options- you can override the automatic titles, meta tags, and meta keywords to anything you want
- Google Analytics- supports Google Analytics on your site
Our final recommendation for our top three WordPress SEO plugins is SEO Ultimate. The SEO Ultimate plugin gives you control over your meta information like titles and descriptions, auto-linking, open graph, and even 404 monitoring. It is worth noting that while the free version comes with great features, the premium version does come with email support and training videos. If you really like to be able to customize each individual part of the SEO on your blog posts, SEO Ultimate is what you should go for. You can easily create and change titles and meta descriptions, track page not found errors, and it supports SEO for custom post types. SEO Ultimate also features:
- Settings monitor- keeps track of how well you’re doing with SEO on your site
- Integrated FAQs- help is just a click away if you get stuck
- Sharing facilitator- makes it easier for viewers to share your content on their social media sites
If you have any questions about our top 3 WordPress SEO plugins or if you would like help choosing, installing, and configuring a WordPress SEO plugin, give us a call today at 877-844-9931 to schedule a session with one of our instructors.
We also offer our Advanced SEO Class that will guide you through optimizing your WordPress site. You will also receive tips, tricks, and best practices for SEO. You can click HERE to learn more about our Advanced SEO Class.